There is a diversified collection of programs within the SkyCiv Cloud Engineering Software, from calculators for beams, trusses, frames, and shafts. However, we will focus on Structural 3D (S3D), a 3D structural design and analysis software that can analyze structural members and plates.
- Using preset material properties or customizing own materials
- Choice of modelling with the model or the database
- Realistic and Advanced Options for Members
- Advanced Plate Analysis Options
- Section Builder
- Geometric properties such as area and centroid
- Moment of inertia
- Section modulus
- Shear properties
- Torsion properties
- Various Load Input Options
For load combinations, you can customize your factor of safety for each load case or you can import load combinations based on code requirements from international standards and design codes.
- Structural Analysis Solver
Linear static method – This method analyzes linear structural behaviour, where stress is proportional to strain and no plastic deformation is induced.
Linear static and buckling method - This method considers Euler buckling and outputs maximum buckling loads of members and buckling load factors.
Non-linear static and P-delta analysis method – This iterative analysis method considers secondary moments created by the ends of laterally displaced structural members.
S3D considers usability and efficiency by having these three structural analysis options available. For more preliminary and faster results, you can choose linear analysis. However, if you want to consider nonlinearities, you can choose nonlinear analysis.
- Presentation of Outputs
- Reactions (fx, fy, fz, mx, my, mz)
- Shear and moment of members
- Axial forces
- Force diagrams
- Torsional effects
- Deflection and rotational displacement of members in x, y, and z direction
- Bending stress, shear stress, combined stresses
- Plate analysis
- Integrated Design Modules